IT/IQ Tech Recruiters is seeking a Platform Team Lead to join our client in the Lower Mainland on a permanent basis in Burnaby, BC.
About the Position
In this role as platform team lead you will have the opportunity to lead a team of 4-6 analysts to manage and support our enterprise scale Linux and Solaris server infrastructure. With an emphasis on management and improvement of a diverse array of services, you will make significant use of automation and monitoring tools as we undertake a wide variety of projects that deliver real quantifiable value.
- Coordinate and supervise the daily activities of the platform team.
- Develop and monitor KPI’s, contribute to the definition of department policy and take responsibility for implementation and enforcement.
- Assist team in prioritization of work to ensure timely task completion and coordinate workflow with other leads.
- Project and operational work as required, including taking part in meetings and providing technical expertise on matters relating to infrastructure requirements and best practices, producing technical documents and implementing project requirements.
- Operational support with an emphasis on automation of tasks, including but not limited to internal projects to maintain deployment, orchestration and monitoring systems as well as research, test and implementation of new systems and technologies “go-to” technical expert for all things related to *nix infrastructure.
- Provide an L3 escalation point for emergent issues and define and lead problem resolution workflows for unix related service desk items
- Contribute clear and concise environment and change documentation as well as standard operating practice documents (SoP’s) to the infrastructure platform body of knowledge. Work within the ITIL framework following required workflows to complete tasks.
- Take part in strategic management of the department, leverage your significant technical expertise to assist in the definition of department vision and mission.
- 8-10 years of enterprise Linux server administration
- 5+ years designing & implementing complex server deployments such as clustering, load balancing, HA and DR.
- Demonstrated ability to delegate responsibilities to subordinates and handle escalations effectively.
- Expert Linux (RHEL, Deb) and Solaris server administration
- Demonstrated competence in Solaris Zones, Ldoms, SVM/Solstice
- Demonstrable experience with at least one automating server administration (cfengine,
- Puppet, Chef, Ansible, salt, etc.)
- Expert in at least one scripting language (perl, python, TCL, etc)
- Expert shell scripting (BASH preferred)
- Demonstrated competence in server and service security hardening and best practices.
- Experience running production 24/7/365 operational environments
- Experience with multi-datacenter architectures
- Availability for out of hours for on-call and deployments as required.
- RHCE / LFCE or equivalent experience
- ITILv3 Foundation or better or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience with formal change management procedures
- 5+ years of enterprise Solaris server administration
- Authentication Authorization and Accounting systems (RADIUS, LDAP, sssd, etc.)
- Understanding of Java/C/C++ code, dynamic libraries, linking, compiling and other processes.
- Windows & AD administration a bonus
- PKI & enterprise certificate management
- Vmware vSphere experience Inc. powerCLI
- Netapp, EMC, 3par storage.
- Experience building and supporting large scale web development and release environments.
- Experience with cloud infrastructure and automation
- Configuring & optimizing common web servers (Apache, nginx, tomcat, etc.)
- ELK stac
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- RHCE, SCSA (or OCP), ITILv3 foundation
IT/IQ is a specialized recruitment and consulting firm focusing on connecting our candidates to the best opportunities in the market. Our dedicated recruitment team is structured around four Information Technology skill sets (PMO, Development, Data Management/ERP and Infrastructure) and we are committed to building strong relationships and providing the highest level of service throughout the recruitment journey.
We help smart people find each other.