Are you interested in joining an enterprise complex environment as a Senior Linux Infrastructure Analyst? Do you enjoy working with a wide range of technologies as a specialist within a team?
IT/IQ Tech Recruiters is currently in search of a Senior Linux Infrastructure Analyst for one of our clients in Burnaby on a permanent basis.
About Our Client
- An opportunity to work on high-traffic e-commerce applications that rival Amazon
- An enterprise environment that offers an immense amount of technical variety
- Offers a variety of systems that include, retail, corporate, backend, and e-commerce
- Support and develop IT server infrastructure, including both operational and project responsibilities
- Implement best practice solutions and use your considerable knowledge of Linux to improve processes, designs and services
- Project work as directed by business requirements, including taking part in project meetings and providing technical expertise
- Operational support with an emphasis on automation of tasks, including but not limited to internal projects to maintain deployment, orchestration and monitoring systems
- Provide L3 escalation point for emergent issues and define and lead problem resolution workflows for Unix related service desk items
- Contribute clear and concise environment and change documentation as well as standard operating practice documents
- Work within the ITIL framework following required workflows to complete tasks
- 5-8 plus years of experience as a Linux Systems Administrator in enterprise/data center and production environments
- Enterprise Linux administration and expert Linux experience (RHEL, Debian)
- Demonstrable experience writing automated deployment and configuration management scripts (e.g. Chef, Puppet, Ansible)
- Expert shell (BASH) scripting experience
- Understanding of Java/C/C++ code, dynamic libraries, linking, compiling and other processes.
- Understanding of network concepts, and the ability to diagnose and troubleshoot connectivity issues
- Previous experience with Solaris administration, Scripting in Python, perl, tcl etc.
- Certifications in RHCE/LFCE, OCP, ITILv3 foundation preferred
IT/IQ is a specialized recruitment and consulting firm focusing on connecting our candidates to the best opportunities in the market. Our dedicated recruitment team is structured around four Information Technology skill sets (PMO, Development, Data Management/ERP and Infrastructure) and we are committed to building strong relationships and providing the highest level of service throughout the recruitment journey.