IT/IQ Tech Recruiters is seeking a Senior Systems Analyst/Technical Writer to join our client in the Lower Mainland.
About Our Client
- Health Authority undergoing several large-scale IT transformation initiatives.
- Fast paced, collaborative environment.
- Centrally located, accessible by public transit.
- Analyze and document Steady-state infrastructure/environment (e.g. GPOs, Exceptions, Server/VDI setup, etc.) to ensure all relevant information is available for production handover.
- Documents business and system/technical procedures and process (current and future state), including identifying gaps, risks and opportunities.
- Support the development/review of roadmaps relating to shared infrastructure and core applications with all other health authorities.
- Completes / participates in the analysis and documentation of business requirements for clinical and business applications, the evaluation of software, enabling technology solution options, features and functions, and the implementation, testing, deployment, and documentation of application systems.
- Conducts feasibility studies and business impact assessments for business/clinical applications through methods such as reviewing discovery data, determining user department requirements, examining and identifying problems with existing systems/application dependencies and recommending solutions or alternates.
- Conducting requirements gathering; use case development; process mapping; options analysis; and gap analysis.
- Develops technical and functional solution specifications for complex business/clinical application systems such as integrated systems which impact several functional areas by performing duties such as gathering detailed information from user departments, developing and documenting systems and procedures, designing forms, preparing flow charts and detailing hardware and software specifications, and preparing detailed implementation plans.
- Producing complex workflow analysis and documentation.
- Developing and participating in test plan development by working collaboratively to develop test cases, scenarios, and specifications.
- Facilitating sessions relating to feasibility analysis, business impact assessments, technical solutioning sessions, etc. and documenting findings.
- Preparing technical documentation to support production turnover, including (but not limited to):
- Technical specifications and design documentation.
- Operational processes including SOPs and SOAs.
- User training documentation for business, clinical and technical users, etc.
- Providing support to the senior leadership team to ensure the teams’ ability meet required timelines and deliverables, as well as issue escalation and resolution.
- Producing presentation materials, status reports, etc. and other related administrative tasks.
- Meeting/working session facilitation (inclusive of agenda, minutes and other meeting materials).
- A minimum of five (5) years’ experience documenting technical solutions, operational processes, training materials and production turnover materials.
- Demonstrated ability to:
- Develop wire frames, workflows, use case diagrams, flowcharts, and other analysis-type documentation.
- Extract information and knowledge from complex sources, and to describe business outcomes and benefits in layman terms.
- Ability to convert complex technical information into clean, concise, and coherent end-user documentation in plain English.
- Graduation from a recognized diploma or degree program in Computer Science, five (5) years of recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Ability to effectively liaise with business, clinical and technical staff to provide the business perspective during system analysis and solutioning phases.
- Analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills; including the ability to recognize symptoms, diagnose causes and identify alternative solutions.
- Business analysis skills and experience in business/technical processes development and re-engineering.
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively facilitate discussions with a diverse group of stakeholders, users, etc.
IT/IQ is a specialized recruitment and consulting firm focusing on connecting our candidates to the best opportunities in the market. Our dedicated recruitment team is structured around four Information Technology skill sets (PMO, Development, Data Management/ERP and Infrastructure) and we are committed to building strong relationships and providing the highest level of service throughout the recruitment journey.
With us, creating opportunities start today.