Our Client is looking for a Senior Manager of Software Development to join their team!
Are you passionate about leading people through exciting growth and adopting new technologies? Do you enjoy managing and helping members of your team grow and move forward in their careers? If you are, read on!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Directly be managing a group of talented software developers
- Working with technologies like Node.JS, AWS, and implementing Microservices
- Collaborate with Product Management and Program Management regarding product definition, schedule, scope, and project-related decisions
- Design, develop, deliver, and maintain features and applications that will excite and please a user base of millions of users
- Develop solutions that are high quality, scalable, reliable, and reusable
- Work collaboratively in an Agile/Scrum team to plan sprints, expand stories into tasks, work on removing impediments, and execute at top velocity
- Investigate technologies that can be leveraged to introduce new innovations in meeting business and customer goals
- Provide input into process improvement initiatives to improve quality and timeliness of deliverables with high predictability
Personal characteristics include:
- You are passionate about creating world-class experiences for our customers and will work hard to achieve this
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to clearly communicate technical concepts in simple terms
- Passion sharing and working in a team environment
- You take pride in writing clean, quality code, but can balance this with business practicality
- You are able to learn quickly and effectively apply new knowledge, demonstrating the desire to stay in touch with emerging technologies
Education, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related field
- 10+ years of hands on professional software development experience architecting, building, deploying, and maintaining data centric applications at scale
- 3+ years’ experience of supervising of 5 or more software engineers in a demanding engineering environment
- Technical lead experience leading a product team and setting day to day technical direction. Successful track record of delivering on projects, both individually and as a leader
- Strong backend services / API development experience, preferably using REST/JSON in AWS or any other public cloud.
- Strong experience with large scale data integration and data management technologies.
- AWS stack experience is a big plus.
- Experience with performance tuning and optimization for high traffic back-end applications (Preferred)
- Experience with unit test frameworks, and test automation tools is a definite asset
We help smart people find each other.